SumProduct Solution?

  1. #1
    Sige
    Guest

    SumProduct Solution?

    Hi There,

    A B A B B A A B A ....
    A4251
    A4231
    A4261 Data numbers
    A4272
    A4278
    AUnique

    I would like to sum all data for which criteria in first row = A
    &
    Code in first column equals eg A4261

    Explained differently: summing all data which is on line A4261,
    condition that there is an A in the first row.

    Any help really appreciated,
    Sige

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SumProduct Solution?

    =SUMIF($B$1:$AZ$1,"A",$B2:$AZ2)

    etc.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: SumProduct Solution?

    If your data is in Cells A1:G10, try this:
    =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10="A4261")*(B1:G1="A")*B2:G10)

    Adjust the range references to suit your situation.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

  4. #4
    Sige
    Guest

    Re: SumProduct Solution?

    Hi Ron,

    It is exactly what it needed...!
    Thx

    Bob,

    I read your excellent paper about Sumproduct ..and Names. I have a
    question about the latter too:
    Quote>
    If the 'Data Validation' cell is on a different worksheet from the list
    range, you will get an error if you try to use a range reference, even
    if preceded by the worksheet name. The way to overcome this is to
    define a Name for that list range, and use that in the 'Data
    Validation' list Source editbox.
    <Unquote

    If I define a Name and would like to use it as a List-range for the
    datavalidation ... I get the Defined Name in the list but not the items
    defined in my Range
    So name "SIGE" = B2:B10
    Will show me "SIGE" in my list, instead of the items in the defined
    range.

    Brgds Sige

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SumProduct Solution?

    Sige,

    You have to use = before the name, such as =SIGE, not just the range name.

  6. #6
    Sige
    Guest

    Re: SumProduct Solution?