Month to date sales - reset in new month???

  1. #1

    Month to date sales - reset in new month???

    Hi all,

    I have a column that lists daily sales on an ongoing basis. I need to
    create a second column which tracks month to date sales (so it will
    grow throughout the month). The catch is I need this column to
    automatically reset and start counting again when the daily date
    becomes a new month. This must be possible, but I can't figure it out.
    Any suggestions? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Month to date sales - reset in new month???

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR($A$1:A1)=YEAR(A1), (--(MONTH($A$1:A1)=MONTH(A1),
    $B$1:B1)

    and just copy down

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Month to date sales - reset in new month???

    If your columns are Date (A), Sales (B), and MTD Sales (C), with a header row
    1, I'd start in cell C2 with =B2. Then in cell C3, =b3 +
    if(month(a3)=month(a2),c2,0). In words, the MTD sales through today are
    today's sales, plus the prior day's MTD sales as long as we're still in the
    same month. Copy that formula from C3 through the rest of column C.
    --Bruce