Calculation in left corner

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    James McDowell
    Guest

    Calculation in left corner

    Hi,
    I have inherited a workbook that consolidates 8 other text files (data
    dumps). In the code the application.calculation is set to xlmanual and then
    at the end of the VBA the workbook is calculated and the
    application.calculation = xlAutomatic and the statusbar is set to false.
    Why would the Calculation prompt remain in the statusbar at the bottom left
    of the EXCEL application? Is there some type of error occurring that causes
    this to remain? If I close out of EXCEL and reopen, the Calculation is gone
    from the bottom corner. but as soon as I open the resulting workbook created
    from the VBA, it reappears AND the calculation option (radio button) is set
    to automatic.

    I've tried running a small script to clear the statusbar, but it keeps
    coming back.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Calculation in left corner

    James

    application.calculation = xlAutomatic is pre xl97 I believe.

    Try Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    James McDowell
    Guest

    Re: Calculation in left corner

    Sorry, the script reads "Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic"