[SOLVED] How do I calculate time durations over numerous dates

  1. #1
    MBubier
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How do I calculate time durations over numerous dates

    I am trying to enter data that was collected on different dates/times and
    calculate the duration of the entire data collection. How can I enter the
    dates and time such that I can calculate the duration? I am using Excel 2000

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate time durations over numerous dates

    If you enter them as standard time, such as 09:15:30, then just subtract
    them to get the duration, and format that as time also.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    MBubier
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate time durations over numerous dates

    I've got that, but what about including different dates? I tried formatting
    the cell such that the date is also part of the entry but then I can not
    subtract them.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate time durations over numerous dates

    Why not? It will still have a valid value, it just differs how you present
    it.

    One way would be

    =INT(A2-A1)&" days, "&TEXT(MOD(A2-A1,1),"hh:mm:ss")

  5. #5
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate time durations over numerous dates

    Format the result as Custom [h]:mm otherwise the sum will "tip over" each
    24 hrs

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten