Calculate projected figure

  1. #1
    Mark Stephenson
    Guest

    Calculate projected figure

    Hi,

    I need to calculate a projected figure, based on previous months...

    i.e;

    JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
    123 345 677 899 1002 1400 ??? ??? ??? ???
    ??? ???

    The number is cumulative from month to month....

    I have previously used the average of the difference between the months, but
    this is not that great to use...

    Are there any functions in excel that can do this for me?

    Many thanks,

    Mark.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Try using a moving average average.

    Tools - Data Analysis - etc

    If the Data Analysis command doesn’t appear on the Tools menu, you must install the Analysis ToolPak

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stephenson
    Hi,

    I need to calculate a projected figure, based on previous months...

    i.e;

    JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
    123 345 677 899 1002 1400 ??? ??? ??? ???
    ??? ???

    The number is cumulative from month to month....

    I have previously used the average of the difference between the months, but
    this is not that great to use...

    Are there any functions in excel that can do this for me?

    Many thanks,

    Mark.
    Hi Mark

    You might find the attached useful, look in the Worksheet Functions sheet
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Paul

  4. #4
    Mark Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Calculate projected figure

    Thanks,

    I had a look at that, but found a function called Forecast, which seems to
    be doing the trick for me!!!

    Thanks!