Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

  1. #1
    Minitman
    Guest

    Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    Greetings,

    I have a UserForm with 41TextBoxes on it. I am using the Offset
    method to transfer the value of each box to the last row of the column
    that the data belongs in. I then clear cells with only 0's in them.
    And last I sort the sheet. This is taking about a minute each cycle
    and getting longer.

    Here is the code that I use:

    Set ExtWB2 = Workbooks("1993-12.xls")
    Set ExtWS2 = ExtWB2.Worksheets("Customers")

    ExtWS2.Activate

    With Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    .Value = CB1.Text
    .Offset(0, 2).Value = TB2.Value
    .Offset(0, 3).Value = TB3.Value
    <snip 4 - 40>
    .Offset(0, 41).Value = TB41.Value
    End With

    Cells.Select
    'This looks for cells with only one 0 in them and clears them
    Cells.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat _
    :=False, ReplaceFormat:=False
    'This sorts the sheet by the A column
    Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header _
    :=xlYes, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation _
    :=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, DataOption2 _
    :=xlSortNormal, DataOption3:=xlSortNormal
    Range("A1").Select

    It is taking a minute to cycle one name. I have about 600 to do and
    that is going to take a LONG time to finish.

    Anyone have any ideas as to how to increase the speed of this sub?

    TIA

    -Minitman

  2. #2

    Re: Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    Drop the cleaning up/sorting the cells until you're done with all the data
    entry.

    Make sure that events are disabled before you write to the worksheet.

    Turn calculation off until you're almost done.

  3. #3
    Minitman
    Guest

    Re: Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    Hey Dave,

    Thanks for replying.

    How do I turn off events?

    -Minitman

  4. #4

    Re: Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    Application.enableevents = false
    'do a bunch of stuff
    application.enableevents = true

    This stops those worksheet_change events (among others) from firing.

  5. #5
    Minitman
    Guest

    Re: Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    Hey Dave,

    I just tried it. It took 1:09 without the events disabled and 1:11
    with events disabled(?).

    Is there a more efficient way to get the data from the UserForm to the
    worksheet?

    This is getting very frustrating!

    Any ideas on alternatives are most appreciated.

    TIA

    -Minitman

  6. #6

    Re: Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    This code shouldn't take a minute to execute:

    With Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    .Value = CB1.Text
    .Offset(0, 2).Value = TB2.Value
    .Offset(0, 3).Value = TB3.Value
    <snip 4 - 40>
    .Offset(0, 41).Value = TB41.Value
    End With

    Well, maybe the snipped portion does more than you want.

  7. #7
    Minitman
    Guest

    Re: Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    Hey Dave,

    I have run into this before. That time I could eliminate the UserForm
    altogether. This time, that is not an option. The list is only 60
    names per workbook, but I have about 160 workbooks to do.
    Is there no other way to get the data from these TextBoxes to the last
    row of the sheet? I don't know where else to turn to get an answer.

    If you cannot take this any further, I understand.

    Thanks for sharing what you could, it is appreciated.

    -Minitman

  8. #8

    Re: Long Time Delay To Paste From UserForm To Sheet

    I don't have any other guesses.

    Maybe someone else will jump in with a suggestion.