Filter based on Pivot table

  1. #1
    michaelp
    Guest

    Filter based on Pivot table

    I have a table with several 100 enters and the pivot table allows me to
    create sum of the totals of the data. is it possible to create a
    filter from the pivot table results to then filter all the data. To
    only show the items relating to the pivot table.

    So if I Choose red and car in my pivot table in sheet one
    In sheet two where my data is it is not only showing the line of data
    with red cars in it.

    Thank you

    --
    michaelp

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Filter based on Pivot table

    Hi Michael

    Doing a double mouse click on the PT cell which is the intersection of Red
    and Car, will open up a new Sheet in the Workbook with just the lines from
    your main data table that match the criteria.

    This sheet can be deleted after use if no longer required.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    michaelp
    Guest

    Re: Filter based on Pivot table

    Thank you Roger

    I like that. but is there a way to control the format that the new
    sheet opens in.

    --
    michaelp

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Filter based on Pivot table

    Hi Michael

    Not as far as I am aware. It is just a straight dump of the raw data.
    You could record a macro as you set your required formatting, then just
    invoke that macro once the sheet has been created.

    Regards

    Roger Govier