Returning specific cell if zero

  1. #1
    Bradley
    Guest

    Returning specific cell if zero

    I am trying to write a formula to return a cell if zero is listed.

    My example is

    CURRENT MONTH 4776

    JAN 4308
    FEB 4388
    MAR 4688
    APR 4776
    MAY 0
    JUNE 0
    JULY 0
    AUG 0
    SEPT 0
    OCT 0
    NOV 0
    DEC 0

    The CURRENT MONTH will always list the cell above the first zero listed,
    since MAY is the first zero listed then April would be listed in the CURRENT
    MONTH. I have tried IF statements. I am not very good yet with ARRAYS and
    INDEXS.

    Any help would be great!!!

    Thanks
    Bradley

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Returning specific cell if zero

    Assuming A5:B16 as the range that houses the sample you posted...

    =INDEX(B5:B16,MATCH(TRUE,B5:B16=0,0)-1)

    which needs to be confirmed with control+shift+enter.

  3. #3
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Returning specific cell if zero