copying an entire worksheet - need absolute values

  1. #1
    Cowtoon
    Guest

    copying an entire worksheet - need absolute values

    IN Excel 97
    Within the same workbook, I'm wanting to create a new worksheet, but I want
    it to have the "exact" same values as an existing worksheet. An exact
    duplicate, however, copying it won't help, because I want it to pick up any
    changes made to the original worksheet. I want to simply change the rounding
    for charting purposes, but need it to have same values, so all the cells need
    to link to the original sheet.

    Here's a sample of what I've run into.
    When I tried to use the $ for absolute value (refering to the original
    sheet), it doesn't pick up that the number is a calculation "and" is
    converted to a percentage.
    I'm miffed by it all.
    Perhaps there's a way to copy, but tell it to link to the original sheet, at
    the same time (I'm guessing).

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: copying an entire worksheet - need absolute values

    Cow

    CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

    Copy, switch to new sheet and Paste Special>Paste Link>OK>Esc.

    I think you should also visit Excel Help section for assistance on what the $
    signs mean for "Absolute" references.

    Has nothing to do with absolsute values.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP