Extracting Data from a list

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Extracting Data from a list

    I am trying to extract data from a list which is set up as follows:

    A2 Microsoft B2 31/12/2004 C2 10
    A3 Microsoft B3 31/01/2005 C3 11
    A4 Microsoft B4 28/02/2005 C4 12
    A5 IBM B5 31/12/2004 C5 66
    A6 IBM B6 31/01/2005 C6 69
    A7 IBM B7 28/02/2005 C7 72
    Etc

    In one formula I would like to be able to extract the value from column C that meets a crierion in both columns A and B - for example, IBM and 31/01/2005

    I'd really appreciate it if someone can show me a formula that will do this!

    Many thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Ron Coderre's Avatar
    Boston, Massachusetts
    MS-Off Ver
    2013, 2016, O365
    Posts
    6,996
    See if something like this works for you:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A6="Microsoft")*(B1:B6="31/12/2004"),C1:C6)

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Extracting Data from a list

    Depending on what you want to do with the result...........one way is to
    insert a new column A and concatenate the old A2 and B2 into the new A2, and
    copy down, then use a VLOOKUP formula to find that value and step over to the
    column you want....like
    =VLOOKUP(Microsoft&31/01/2005,A2:D100,4,FALSE)
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor