Why aren't the exceptions I selected in WS Protection working?

  1. #1
    valverax
    Guest

    Why aren't the exceptions I selected in WS Protection working?

    I have Excel 2003 and am attempting to protect my worksheet, but need to
    allow others to be able to sort and filter data. I've followed the
    instructions given by MS' "Help," but for some reason others are not able to
    sort/filter data.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Why aren't the exceptions I selected in WS Protection working?

    The entire range to be sorted must have cells "unlocked".

    Select range A1:D45 and set those cells to "unlocked".

    Protect the sheet and you can sort that range.

    The Auto-Filter must already invoked before protecting the sheet.

    Select columns A:D and Data>Filter>Autofilter to get the dropdown arrows.

    Protect the sheet.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP