Autopopulate with zero

  1. #1
    roy.okinawa
    Guest

    Autopopulate with zero

    Columns V, X, AA, AB, and AD may have dates in them that are entered
    manually. Sometimes they will be left blank.

    What I need is a formula that will put a zero in columns V,X,AA, and AB when
    column AD has a date entered.

  2. #2
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: Autopopulate with zero

    Dear Roy,

    Try this formula in V1 (say). If(countblank(AD1)=1,0,AD1)

    Regards,

    Ashish Mathur

  3. #3
    roy.okinawa
    Guest

    RE: Autopopulate with zero

    By putting that formula in V1 it gives me a date(the same date that is input
    in AD1.) It should be a zero. It will not let me format the cell to accept a
    zero either.

    Also, will a formula like this need to be input in each column V, X, AA, AB?

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Autopopulate with zero

    Try this in *all* the columns necessary:

    =IF(ISNUMBER(AD1),0,"")

    --
    HTH,

    RD