Need your suggestions

  1. #1
    irresistible007
    Guest

    Need your suggestions

    Hi everyone,

    I have a sheet detailing orders. One of the column is having expiry
    date of L/C (well LC means Letter of credit its a payment instrument)
    in case Lc expires before the shipment of order the L/c has either to
    be extended or the order has to be cancelled.

    Recently I have added this column in my sheet because its important to
    get notified if L/C expiry date is near. Since the sheet is too large,
    putting expiry date in front of each order won't help me enough, so
    what i want is to get notified if one or more L/Cs are going to be
    expired in next 15 days.

    Kindly propose what sort of solution suits this situation best.

    --
    irresistible007

    irresistible007's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m63
    View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2308883

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Need your suggestions

    One play is to use conditional formatting (CF) to colour the entire row
    for LCs' with expiry dates within the next 15 days

    Assuming the "Expiry of LC" col is col C, dates in row2 down
    Select row2 to say, row100 (with A2 active)
    Put as the CF formula: =AND($C2<=TODAY()+15,$C2<>"")
    Format to taste > OK out

    Lines with expiry dates in col C which are <= the next 15 days
    will be conditionally formatted
    --
    Rgds
    Max