Subtracting Hours - Eastern to Pacific/Central

  1. #1
    Jaye
    Guest

    Subtracting Hours - Eastern to Pacific/Central

    Can anyone provide a formula to take a time value in one column (A1) and
    subtract 2 hours to show central time (B1) and subtract 3 hours to show
    pacific time (C1)?

    Also, how should A1, B1, and C1 be formatted?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Subtracting Hours - Eastern to Pacific/Central

    Formatted as time, don't know what you mean by central time, as far as I
    know central time is 1 hour less than est, mountain is 2 and pacific is 3,
    so to cope with times like 01:00 AM use in B1 (assuming that A1 is eastern
    time)

    =MOD(A1-(1/24),1)

    for central

    =MOD(A1-(2/24),1)

    mountain

    =MOD(A1-(3/24),1)

    pacific

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jaye
    Guest

    Re: Subtracting Hours - Eastern to Pacific/Central

    ok, thanks. i'll give that a try.

    how about converting in the "other direction," meaning pacific to eastern or
    central to eastern?

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Subtracting Hours - Eastern to Pacific/Central

    Just add it instead