Data Validation Function Help

  1. #1
    John Jost
    Guest

    Data Validation Function Help

    I am working on a cell validation formula (Data, Validation) where I provide
    a list from a specified range. My list will have 10 choices. The form will
    have three separate validation cells from which they will select their first,
    second and third choices. As all three cells will show choices A-J, I want
    to make sure they do no select the same option multiple times.

    Can my lists that contain the same range, only contain the unselected values
    from the other list boxes? For Example box one the user selects A, box two
    should show options B-J. Option Box two, the user selects B, then box
    three should not show A or B.

    Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Data Validation Function Help

    Would your situation be more easily handled by Option buttons (like in a
    survey)?

    Check out Dave Peterson's code on this website (it builds the form for you):
    http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation Function Help

    See

  4. #4
    John Jost
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation Function Help

    Criminately! Who do I send my contribution to? This is way to cool and does
    EXACTLY what I need. Thanks SO much for your help and QUICK response