Divide Column A by Column B multiply Column C

  1. #1
    Stumped
    Guest

    Divide Column A by Column B multiply Column C

    I do a routine spreadsheet for multiple accounts entering three basic
    columns: Column A is entered with new figures daily, those figures are
    divided by a percentage in Column B, which is then divided by a fraction
    percentage in Column C. These figures change several times dailyin Column A,
    columns B and C always remain constant, so the function needs to be attached
    to the Column Alphas, not the numeric numbers since that ones changes. So I
    just need the PRECISE function entries for:

    Column A Column B Column C
    (Any #) /65% x.07

    EXAMPLE:
    1,000 15.3846 $1.08

    It's pretty simple, I'm not smart enough for the rhetorical reading required
    for a physicist to figure it out. Just the function entry, please, and only
    the function, please. Thanks so much.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Divide Column A by Column B multiply Column C

    > Column A Column B Column C
    > (Any #) /65% x.07
    > 1,000 15.3846 $1.08

    Assume data in col A starts in A2 down,
    and we have:

    In B1: 65
    In C1: 0.07

    then we could put

    in B2: =IF(A2="","",A2/B$1)
    in C2: =IF(B2="","",B2*C$1)

    Select B2:C2, copy down as far as required
    Format col C as currency
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Divide Column A by Column B multiply Column C

    don't know why you have "%" in "/65%"
    the example would suggest that you want to divide by 65 and then multiply by
    0.07

    formula in column B would be =A1/65
    formula in column C would be =b1*0.07
    may need to format the C column to be a currency with two decimal places

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Divide Column A by Column B multiply Column C

    The advantage of having the formulas in cols B and C point to "fixed" cells
    (i.e. B1 and C1), instead of hardcoding the values: 65 and 0.07 directly
    into the formulas, is that we don't have to amend all the formulas should
    the values(constants) need to be changed in future. We'd just simply change
    the values in B1 and C1.
    --
    Rgds
    Max