Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

vlookup data in a dynamic pivot table?

  1. #1
    MikeM
    Guest

    vlookup data in a dynamic pivot table?

    Is it possible to use vlookup to get data from a pivot table by entering the
    pivot table name as the array to look up? I have tried but cannot get it to
    work.

  2. #2
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: vlookup data in a dynamic pivot table?

    Hi,

    Try using the Getpivotdata formula to extract information out of a
    dynamic pivot.

    Regards

    Govind.

  3. #3
    MikeM
    Guest

    Re: vlookup data in a dynamic pivot table?

    Doesn't GetPivotData only return grand total information? I was hoping to
    reference the pivottable in the vlookup function like you would a list or
    external data source.

  4. #4
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: vlookup data in a dynamic pivot table?

    Getpivotdata can pull any information depending on the criteria you
    give. You can find examples of how to write Getpivotdata in Microsoft help.

    If you provide more details on the layout of your pivot table, and the
    field you want to return, i can type in an example of how the formula
    would look like.

    Regards

    Govind.

  5. #5
    MikeM
    Guest

    Re: vlookup data in a dynamic pivot table?

    Hi & Happy New Year

    My Pivot table has 2 fields in the Page area (channel & status), 1 field in
    the Row area (category) and 3 fields being summed in the data area (forecast,
    sales & difference).
    The data I am trying to get is the summed forecast by category (by vlookup
    the category name).

    Thanks, Mike
    "Govind" wrote:

    > Getpivotdata can pull any information depending on the criteria you
    > give. You can find examples of how to write Getpivotdata in Microsoft help.
    >
    > If you provide more details on the layout of your pivot table, and the
    > field you want to return, i can type in an example of how the formula
    > would look like.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Govind.
    >

    > MikeM wrote:
    > > Doesn't GetPivotData only return grand total information? I was hoping to
    > > reference the pivottable in the vlookup function like you would a list or
    > > external data source.
    > >

    > > "Govind" wrote:
    > >

    > >>Hi,
    > >>
    > >>Try using the Getpivotdata formula to extract information out of a
    > >>dynamic pivot.
    > >>
    > >>Regards
    > >>
    > >>Govind.

Closed Thread