sum absolute values of a column of numbers in Excel

  1. #1
    MRolko
    Guest

    sum absolute values of a column of numbers in Excel

    In Excel, how do I total the absolute value of a column of numbers without
    invoking 'abs' function individually on each cell in the range? (e.g.
    abs(a1)+abs(a2)+abs(a3)...)

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: sum absolute values of a column of numbers in Excel

    Try this method:

    =SUM(ABS(A1:A10))

    Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl] and [Shift] keys
    when you press [Enter].

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron