Convert MS Excel data to MS Access database

  1. #1
    HelpJim
    Guest

    Convert MS Excel data to MS Access database

    I have Office 2000 and would like to know how to convert an MS Excel
    worksheet to my MS Access database.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Convert MS Excel data to MS Access database

    Without more information to go on.....

    Open MS Access
    File>Get External Data>Import Data
    Select your Excel file...then follow the prompts.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    HelpJim
    Guest

    RE: Convert MS Excel data to MS Access database

    Thanks for your help. I believe the problem was all headings have to be
    identical or info will not export/import.

    Jim

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    You can also copy and paste directly into a Table in ACCESS as long as you have the same amount of columns in ACCESS as you have copied from EXCEL. Sometimes it is easiest if all the fields in ACCESS are text then it will accept the data a little more easier. If it doesn't accept all of the data ACCESS will generate another table with the information it wasn't able to import.

  5. #5
    HelpJim
    Guest

    Re: Convert MS Excel data to MS Access database

    Thank you very much. This was my first experience with a message board. I
    am very impressed with the prompt response from you guys. Until next
    time..Have a blessed and prosperous New Year.
    Jim

  6. #6
    HelpJim
    Guest

    RE: Convert MS Excel data to MS Access database

    Ron,
    I would like to give credit as an snswered question to you and Johnson.
    however I am unable to locate the info from HELP...In the message pane, do
    one of the following:
    If the post answers your question, click Yes next to Did this post answer
    the question
    Where is the YES LOCATED? Thank you very much and have a blessed and Happy
    New Year.
    Jim

  7. #7
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Convert MS Excel data to MS Access database

    If you view forum posts via the MS website below, the message pane has
    buttons for rating responses.
    (I'm not sure if any of the newsreaders include that functionality.)

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...verview.mspx#2

    Best Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro