Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

  1. #1
    sony654
    Guest

    Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

    Sorry... The text on first post shifted and looks like ****. First of all
    let me wish a happy new year to the group. I appreciate everything the group
    has done to help... and it has. Her is my recent function dilema.

    I'll illustrate below. I want to be able to shift a calulated value based
    on the date it was entered.

    I want to be able to post the results by date and have each result
    maintained in the database. Thanks for your insight. I know this should be
    possible.

    10/22 10/23 10/24 A1 formula result
    14.00 14.50 14.25 A2 formula result Results by date
    A3 formula result 10/22 10/23 10/24
    ----------------
    TOTAL: (a1..a3) 69.00 72.34
    71.05**

    The above TOTAL ** The above is based on
    changes
    each date in the
    calculated
    TOTAL

    -
    Sony Luvy

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

    You probably aren't getting replies because it's not clear what you want.
    Can you show us what you have and are trying to "shift". The whole SHIFT
    issue isn't clear to me at all.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    sony654
    Guest

    Re: Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

    Barb - Your right. My post is difficult to explain. Below you will see that
    values are entered in to the worksheet on 10/22, 10/23 and 10/24. As the
    entered values each day impact the calculation of A1..A3, the sum of A1..A3
    updates based on the most rercent value entered (14.25 on 10/24). As the
    result calculates each day, I'd like to be able to "save" the calculated
    value by date and post it to the right of the A1..A3 TOTAL. Is there a way
    to reference the value by the date it was calculated?
    For example, when the value for 10/24 is entered, I don't want the
    calculations for 10/22 and 10/23 to go away. Shift isn't a good explanation.
    I want to be able to trend the daily values of the calculation A1..A3.
    Thanks for your patience, and for giving this a second look.

    --
    Sony Luvy

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

    [email protected] <[email protected]>
    wrote
    >>> Sorry... The text on first post shifted and looks like ****.
    >>> First of all
    >>> let me wish a happy new year to the group. I appreciate everything
    >>> the group
    >>> has done to help... and it has. Her is my recent function dilema.
    >>> I'll illustrate below. I want to be able to shift a calulated
    >>> value based on the date it was entered.
    >>> I want to be able to post the results by date and have each result
    >>> maintained in the database. Thanks for your insight. I know this
    >>> should be
    >>> possible.
    >>> 10/22 10/23 10/24 A1 formula result
    >>> 14.00 14.50 14.25 A2 formula result Results by date
    >>> A3 formula result 10/22
    >>> 10/23 10/24
    >>> ----------------
    >>> TOTAL: (a1..a3) 71.05 69.00 72.34
    >>> 71.05**
    >>> The above TOTAL ** The above is based
    >>> on changes each date in the calculated
    >>> TOTAL
    >>> - Sony Luvy

    Hi

    Maybe you should hold your data a different way.
    Suppose on Sheet1 in column A you had Dates, with a heading in A1 of
    Date, and in column B the values, with a heading in B1 of Value.

    On sheet2, in cell B1 enter =TODAY(), in B2 =TODAY()-1, in B3 =TODAY()-3
    On sheet2 in cell A1 enter
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000<=B1),Sheet1!$B$2:$B$1000)
    copy the formula down through cells A2:A3

    Now cells A1 to A3 will represent the cumultaive values up to the given
    dates, in my example, the last 3 dates.
    Change the value in B1 to wahtever you want, and B2 and B3 will change
    to reflect the preceding 2 days.

    Does this achievewaht you are after?

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  5. #5
    sony654
    Guest

    Re: Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

    Thanks Roger - I'll check this out
    --
    Sony Luvy

  6. #6
    sony654
    Guest

    Re: Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

    Roger - When I follow the instructions below it returns the value of "0" in
    Sheet 2, A1 thru A3. Please advise. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
    Pleae advise if I need to tweak the formulas. Thanks for your help - Sony
    --
    Sony Luvy

  7. #7
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

    Hi Sony

    Perhaps your values in column B are not numbers but text which looks
    like numbers.
    Try amending the formula to