Sales tracking report

  1. #1
    PSikes
    Guest

    Sales tracking report

    Hello all.
    I've had great luck finding advice here, so I thought I'd try another puzzle.

    I'd like a way to track sales by quarter, as well as month and year.
    Currently, I used Excel group report feature that allows you to pivot out my
    month and year, but it doesn't have an option for quarters. If I group the
    quarters together on my main data worksheet, that negates the PT's
    functionality, as it doesn't want to see any groups.
    I'd thought of creating another column in the data worksheet that says Q1,
    Q2, etc, but there's got to be an easier way.
    I'm using XP Pro, Excel 2002. My date field is a numeric one, using the
    format of xx/xx/xxxx.
    Another thought was to break up the date entry into three separate field for
    MO/DAY/YR, but that seems unecessary also.

    Thanks,
    Peter

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Sales tracking report

    Hi Peter

    On the Pivot Table, right click on your Data field, and Choose Grouping,
    then select Group by and choose Year, Quarter and Month.
    They are not mutually exclusive and you will then get what you want.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Sales tracking report

    I have xl2003 here and it allows grouping by quarters within a pivot table.
    Are you sure that 2002 doesn't also have the option to group buy quarters?

  4. #4
    PSikes
    Guest

    Re: Sales tracking report

    Oops! My bad. Thanks Roger. Don't know how I missed that!

    Peter

  5. #5
    PSikes
    Guest

    RE: Sales tracking report

    Yep, Roger pointed that out too. I goofed. Thanks for pointing it out!
    Best,
    Peter