Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells

  1. #1
    AA
    Guest

    Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells

    Hi,

    I have an excel worksheet in which there are 1000 rows. Each row has 10
    columns. Based on Criteria (ex. Cell C's value =TRUE and Cell F
    value="Yummy") I want to fill the entire row with one color and the format
    the cell (ex. E with the bold font and red color). The conditional formatting
    doesn't work because of the two criteria. Can anybody please help? I would
    love to get a non-macro solution but if there isn't any non-macro, I would be
    willing to try the macro stuff.
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells

    In Conditional Formatting, change Cell Value Is to Formula Is,
    and use a formula like

    =AND($C$1=TRUE,$F$1="Yummy")

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells

    You can use multiple cells in your formula in the Format|conditional formatting
    dialog.

    Select your range (A1:J1000 say).

    With A1 the activecell, Format|conditional formatting:
    Formula is:
    =AND($C1=TRUE,$F1="yummy")

    And give it that nice format.