Sort by conditional formats?

  1. #1
    jbtenor1
    Guest

    Sort by conditional formats?

    I haven't seen anyone come close to this question, but is there a way to get
    a sheet to sort by conditional formats I've set up. For instance, I've used
    Green, Yellow, and Red. Is there an easy way to get it to sort it just by
    the color, and not by the numbers contained in the cells?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sort by conditional formats?

    See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....r.html#sorting

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    paul
    Guest

    Re: Sort by conditional formats?

    can you sort by the condition that sets the format instead?
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Sort by conditional formats?

    On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:29:25 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....r.html#sorting

    Bob,

    I don't believe that your colorindex UDF will show the color when it has been
    set by conditional formatting. At least it didn't in my brief testing.

    I think the OP will need to use a helper column (or UDF) that sorts based on
    the conditional format formula.

    --ron

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sort by conditional formats?

    Ron,

    The UDF just gets the CI, so would also need a helper column to sort on. I
    thought the article said that, but I will check it.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Sort by conditional formats?

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:06:06 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Ron,
    >
    >The UDF just gets the CI, so would also need a helper column to sort on. I
    >thought the article said that, but I will check it.
    >
    >--

    You misunderstood me. My point was that your UDF would NOT get the CI when the
    CI was set by CF. At least it did not on the limited testing I did.

    --ron

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sort by conditional formats?

    Oh yes, it doesn't do that (yet!)> I have a page on that that I need to
    integrate. Just need the time <g>

    Bob