Move Data from rows to columns...

  1. #1
    Dan B
    Guest

    Move Data from rows to columns...

    Hi,

    I have contact information, name, address etc all in column A. Each group
    is separated by a row with a 0 in it. I need to transpose it to columns.
    Thanks to Biff's help in a previous post, I have this formula to do this:

    =INDEX(Sheet1!$B:$B,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*7+COLUMNS($A:A))

    The problem is that some of the groups have 4 rows of data, some have 8 and
    others somewhere in between. Plus the row with the 0 between each group
    throws stuff off too.

    So what can be added to this formula to accomplish this.

    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Move Data from rows to columns...

    Hi!

    If the data sets have different numbers of entries then there is no easy way
    to do this that isn't labor intensive.

    About the only thing I can think of would be to insert empty rows between
    data sets so that there is a uniform pattern. The number of rows between the
    first entry of each set would need to be the same then you could just adjust
    this portion of the formula: *7

    Biff

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dan B
    Guest

    Re: Move Data from rows to columns...

    Thanks for your help, it did help a lot!. I'll see what I can do with it
    the rest of the way.

    news:[email protected]...