How to sum a row of cells containing an error message to overlook

  1. #1
    Amy V
    Guest

    How to sum a row of cells containing an error message to overlook

    I am using multiple "GET PIVOT DATA" functions in a summary spreadsheet.
    Basically I want to sum each row of cells for a grand total in the last
    column, but I cannot get Excel to calculate the sum overlooking the #REF!
    messages in some of the cells. I want to create sort of a "SUM IF" function
    asking it to add all the cells in the range specified if there is a number
    there...
    HELP!

  2. #2
    Amy V
    Guest

    RE: How to sum a row of cells containing an error message to overlook

    I figured it out myself...
    All you have to do is use a "SUM IF" function and have the criteria be >0 so
    it only adds numbers greater than 0 - and disregards the error message in
    some of the cells.
    YEA!