Lookup cross Drop down/scroll box

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Post Lookup cross Drop down/scroll box

    Heya mates,
    How are we all? Im new here i was hopeing someone might be able to help me with a problem im trying to work past. Its for an invoice to try make my job easier at work. I have a table that is basically a stock list of everything we have, and am simply running a VLOOKUP at the moment. Type in the product code, and the description and price gets filled in automattically. Thats fine, but its a bit fiddely if you dont know the exact code, trying to get it right. What i was trying to do, is something like a auto-filtering drop down, that still uses the vlookup, So if you were to start typing a word, or the first letters of a product for example, it would bringup the drop down box, and start filtering out what your typing in. You start typing in PRO, and the drop down appears and shows you all the products starting with PRO, continue typing, and more things get filtered out. Then I was hoping to simply click the correct item from the drop down and it still uses the stock list to fill in the rest, code, price etc.

    Is anyone aware of way this can be done? or if not, another solution that would help along the same lines?

    Thanks in advance mates.

    - ScottyM.

  2. #2
    Michael Gill
    Guest

    RE: Lookup cross Drop down/scroll box

    Hi Scotty,

    I am not sure about getting it to auto-complete (maybe someone else here
    knows that one), but you could get it to use a dropdown list by using
    validation.

    Go to the cell that you want to choose and select Data -> Validation. Allow
    List and in the source dropdown select the cells that make up your stock
    list. This will still allow the VLOOKUP to work.

    Hope this helps
    Michael