Keeping the exponent at a fix value in Excel

  1. #1
    WAYNEL
    Guest

    Keeping the exponent at a fix value in Excel

    Hi

    When formatting in Scientific, how can you keep the exponent constant
    and allow the decimal point to move?
    For example

    If I have:
    6.647E-03
    1.741E-02
    8.378E-02

    How do I ensure that Excel keeps the E to E-3 and adjust the decimal
    point?

    Cheers

    WayneL

  2. #2
    DaveO
    Guest

    RE: Keeping the exponent at a fix value in Excel

    I don;t think you can as Scientific only allows decimal places to show.

    Could you perhaps make this a number column and have it display the required
    number of dp's?