can conditional formatting on one cell value to another cell valu

  1. #1
    Ring eye
    Guest

    can conditional formatting on one cell value to another cell valu

    Can Excel conditional formatting be done by comparing the value in one cell
    to the value in another cell value

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: can conditional formatting on one cell value to another cell valu

    Yes it can. Instead of 'cell value is' in the CF dropdown, use 'formula is'.
    The formula would be something like =(A1=C1) if you wanted to format A1
    conditionally on it being equal to C1, for example.
    --Bruce

  3. #3
    Ring eye
    Guest

    RE: can conditional formatting on one cell value to another cell v

    Bruce, Thanks alot, I was not putting parenthesize around the formula. it
    works great