to search for a string and affect data if it finds the string?

  1. #1
    Shwaman
    Guest

    to search for a string and affect data if it finds the string?

    I would like to say:

    if H17 is equal to any cells between H11 and H16 then add the corresponding
    I value to I17.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: to search for a string and affect data if it finds the string?

    One guess ..

    Put in I17: =SUMIF(H11:H16,H17,I11:I16)
    --
    Rgds