Comparing two lists and extracting data from one to another

  1. #1
    Clement
    Guest

    Comparing two lists and extracting data from one to another

    I need to be able to compare two lists and then move data from one to the
    other if records are matched.
    For example, I need to fill in Ben's State in My List but only if there is a
    match in the Reference List.

    My List:
    Column A Column B
    Name State
    Ben

    Reference List:
    Column A Column B
    Name State
    Ben FL

    I used the MATCH and VLOOKUP functions but has not quite got the job done
    Please help!
    --
    Clement E

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Comparing two lists and extracting data from one to another

    maybe

    =if(isna(vlookup(A2,StateRange,2,1),"",vlookup(A2,StateRange,2,1))

  3. #3
    Clement
    Guest

    RE: Comparing two lists and extracting data from one to another

    It was worth a try even though it did not work. I did however get the correct
    function from a previous post I made which I thought did not go through. Its
    under the same heading title. Thanks for the response though...
    --
    Clement E