Calculating number of instances occuring in an hour for 24 hours

  1. #1
    rp
    Guest

    Calculating number of instances occuring in an hour for 24 hours

    I am trying to calculate number of customers who arrive every hour in a
    day for theentire year.

    suppose: the computer records the name and info of a person arrived and
    stores the time he/she arrived like:

    10:27 xyz
    10:29 abc
    10:45 123

    so I want to calculate the total arrivals in an hour from 10:00-10:59
    and I want to that for the entire 24 hour period and then for the
    entire month for each hour,

    Please let me know how could i do it in a faster way using exfel.

    Thanks,
    RP!

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Calculating number of instances occuring in an hour for 24 hours

    It depends on exactly how your data is laid out, but I suggest you look in to
    the Data > SubTotals feature.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Calculating number of instances occuring in an hour for 24 hours

    RP,

    Use a pivot table on your data. Drag the time to the row field, and again to the data field, and
    then group the row fields by hour, and you will get an hour-by-hour count.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...