how to loose all numbers after decimal (not rounding)

  1. #1

    Thumbs up how to loose all numbers after decimal (not rounding)

    Hi everyone, thanks for comming to my aid. Does anyone know how to format a cell so that any numbers after the decimal point go away. I'm not tring to round the number to the next whole, I just want to loose all of the numbers after the decimal.

    For example:

    If the answer was 4.567 I would like the cell to show 4, not 5. Oh ya, and to make things more difficult, when that number "4" gets entered into other formuals I want it to count as 4 and not 4.567, I'm not just trying to "Hide" the numbers after the decimal, I want the code to throw them out.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by arjay9; 01-12-2006 at 09:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: how to loose all numbers after decimal (not rounding)

    Hi,

    If your number is in cell A1, use the following formula in cell B1 -
    int(a1). This will eradicate the decimals after the number

    Regards,

    Ashish

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: how to loose all numbers after decimal (not rounding)

    How about ROUNDDOWN?

    =RoundDown(A1,0)

    HTH,
    Elkar

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    Thanks guys, the "INT" was exactly what I was looking for.

    The rounding thing would have worked for my one example, but in situations when I don't know if I want it to round up or down it wouldn't have worked.

    Thanks again!!!! Have a great night