bold part of cell unavailable at time

  1. #1
    DrB
    Guest

    bold part of cell unavailable at time

    but I can do it on some cells. What do I look for to change to be able to do
    this since I want a some numbers in a cell string to be bold?

    Using Excel 2002.

  2. #2
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: bold part of cell unavailable at time

    If you double-click a cell and select part of its content, then
    Format|Cells... only displays the Font tab. You can then apply bold to
    only a part of the cell.

    If you seek some automation that will make parts of the cell string
    bold, this will require VBA. Something like:

    Range("A1").Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font.FontStyle = "Bold"
    or

    Cells(i, j).Characters(Start:=k, Length:=m).Font.FontStyle = "Bold"

    if you are playing with variables.

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides

  3. #3
    Kleev
    Guest

    RE: bold part of cell unavailable at time

    It is hard to tell by how you phrase your question, but if you are talking
    about a cell whose contents are entirely numbers, you cannot. I just
    experimented, and it did let me bold part of a cell that had only numbers,
    but as soon as I left that cell, the bold was removed.

  4. #4
    DrB
    Guest

    Re: bold part of cell unavailable at time

    No there are couple letters intermixed in the cell.
    01/04+17.20/4.35m,-20,-23,S-15.50=4 .

    Only one cell was the problem so I copied another and pasted, then corrected
    the string. This worked, but still do not know why this was a problem with
    one cell. Anyone else know?

    news:[email protected]...