How do I insert a comment in unlocked cell of a protected workshee

  1. #1
    TD_Anne
    Guest

    How do I insert a comment in unlocked cell of a protected workshee

    I have created timecards for our employees which have protected formula cells
    for daily and period totals. The rest of the cells are unlocked and
    emploiyees used to insert comments to remind themselves and/or inform
    accounting as to what they worked on. We are now using 2003 and the comment
    option is unavailable. How can I make it available again? This is an
    important tool for us.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert a comment in unlocked cell of a protected workshee

    TD_Anne

    When protecting the sheet, check the box at "Edit Objects" and you can insert
    comments into unlocked cells.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    TD_Anne
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert a comment in unlocked cell of a protected work

    YES!!!!!! It worked. Thank you. I never thought of a cell in the worksheet
    as an "object" so didn't think to try that.