how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

  1. #1
    George Cahill
    Guest

    how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

    I'm using the =networkingdays(a1,b1,holidays) to business days for the
    month. I want to multiply the Month To Date sales in dollars by the results
    of the above formula to generate the projected sales in dollars ($) for the
    month.

    When I try it now it give me an un-godly number in the millions when I know
    that the results should be in the $150,000.00 range. Where did I go wrong?
    What did I leave out? Set me straight & earn the thanks of a grateful old
    actor.

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

    What's your formula so far? Without more information, it's hard to tell if
    the problem is math or Excel. In general, you would project full-month sales
    as MTD Sales * (business days in full month) / (business days MTD).
    --Bruce

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

    What formula r u using, and what values, and what result?

    RP
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

    Hi,

    The problem is with your logic. To arrive at the projected sales in
    dollars for the month, you should be using

    =(Month to date sales/Month to date business days) * Total no. of
    business days in the month

    so you might have to use two networkingdays function. First one to
    arrive at Month to date business days and next one to arrive total
    business days in a month.

    Regards

    Govind.

  5. #5
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

    George,

    Format cells A1, B1, C1 as "Date".
    Enter the first day of the month in A1 using a complete date, such as 01/01/2006
    Enter the last day of the month in B1, such as 01/31/2006
    Enter any extra non-working days in C1, such as 01/16/2006 ( that's today)

    The syntax is "=NetWorkDays" not NetWorkingDays", so...
    "=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1,C1)" returns 21

    Multiple that by your average daily sales = "a profitable business?"

    How come no picture with your bio on the InternetMovieDatabase (www.imdb.com)?

    Regards,
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

    "Jim Cone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > How come no picture with your bio on the InternetMovieDatabase

    (www.imdb.com)?

    Not exactly A-league!

    To many pics are missing from IMDB, annoying bwhen you are looking someone
    up.

  7. #7
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: how do I multiply dollars by networkdays for forcasting run rates

    It does have several pictures of Ashley Judd.
    However there are none for Jim Cone or Bob Phillips...go figure.