Having trouble sorting numerical data from SQL analysis cube

  1. #1
    Andy S.
    Guest

    Having trouble sorting numerical data from SQL analysis cube

    I've built a cube with a numerical dimension in SQL 2000 analysis
    services. When I add that dimension as a column, it sorts as follows

    instead of

    I've tried doing a sort in Excel 2003 and 2000, even setting the type as
    Number. In Analysis services, I've tried setting the properties for that
    dimension to quantative. Any suggestions on what to do next?

    Andy S.
    [email protected]

    Please remove "noreply" before replying.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Having trouble sorting numerical data from SQL analysis cube

    Very common, Andy. This should help:
    See "Data isn't recognized..."
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jéjé
    Guest

    Re: Having trouble sorting numerical data from SQL analysis cube

    in your dimension.
    you have to setup the order property to "member key" instead-of "member
    name".
    the names are allways strings in a dimension.
    also, you can add a property for the level, and use this property to sort
    the dimension members.

  4. #4
    Andy S.
    Guest

    Re: Having trouble sorting numerical data from SQL analysis cube

    Thank you, it works great.
    news:[email protected]...