help please:projections

  1. #1

    help please:projections

    I am entering projections on a worksheet
    example $100 in cell 1 $200 in cell 2 ect.

    I have a chart that states the criteria needed for each amount entered example $0-$78 = 1
    $79-200= 2
    ect ect.

    i need a formula where i can enter the projections in one cell and based on those projections and the chart give the number for those is this possible

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    re: help please:projections

    pooh

    Don't know how far ect.(sic) extends, but here is a formula you can adjust.

    =LOOKUP(A1,{0,79,201},{1,2,3}) entered in B1

    Drag/copy down B as far as you wish.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    That works perfect Thanks So Much! I have more work To do to the worksheet so i might be posting again shortly thanks!!!!!