Retreive data based on multiple column input

  1. #1
    hgopp99
    Guest

    Retreive data based on multiple column input

    I am trying to retreive a date from one worksheet and place it on another.
    Most often, I can match on company name, but there are times when the company
    name is not unique and I have to use first/last name. The following is an
    example of data on the worksheet I am trying to retreive from:

    Acutech 12/01/05 N Ms. Linda Dendy
    Adams Simpson LLP 12/01/05 N Mr. Jesse Evans
    Adams Simpson LLP 01/01/06 N Ms. Deborah Hembree

    I am using the following: =INDEX(Misc!$A:$C,MATCH(C38,Misc!$A:$A,0),2).
    This will work and find the match, pick the date (from the second column),
    but in the case where the company is Adams Simpson LLP, it will always choose
    the 12/01/05 date. I need to find both. So I would need to match on the
    first and last name if there is more than one entry of the company.

    Can this be done (simply)? Thank you.

    --
    hgopp99

  2. #2

    Re: Retreive data based on multiple column input

    You have a response at your other post in .misc.