Desperate...please help!

  1. #1
    sas
    Guest

    Desperate...please help!

    I am still having trouble copying a Pivot Table from one workbook to another
    and having it to be relevant to the workbook I am copying it to. I have
    also tried using the Macros function by copying the steps in making the Pivot
    Tables for each day of the week that I am trying to extract info from, but as
    soon as I tried running the Macros on the other workbook, it gave me a
    message error window that said something about debugging.
    I have a project in which I have alot of time sheet workbooks per employee
    that I need to extract the the amount of time each employee spends on a
    particular "task".
    It is taking me forever to do them individually. Does anyone have any ideas
    as to how I would do this?

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Desperate...please help!

    Hi

    Rather than copying the Pivot table to each individual workbook, could
    you copy the data from each workbook to a single workbook.
    Obviously, only copy the header row for the first one, then the data
    from each subsequent one below.
    Perform the Pivot on this one consolidated set of data.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    sas
    Guest

    Re: Desperate...please help!

    How would I do this? Each workbook contains 7 worksheets (one for each day
    of the week) and there are 43 workbooks (one for each employee). I would
    love to do as you directed because it would save me tons of time; but,
    unfortunately, I have no idea how to go about it. Would you be kind enough
    to take me through the steps? I would really appreciate it.

    Regards,

    Sue

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Desperate...please help!

    Hi Sue

    I am desperately trying to finish some work which has to be with a
    client tomorrow morning, so I don't have too much time right now.
    However, there is some useful code to do this type of thing on Ron de
    Bruin's site
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    Obviously on the single sheet in the new workbook, there would need to
    be 2 extra columns, one to identify the Employee whose data was being
    copied, and one to identify the weekday of the sheet that was being
    copied, so that very line contains an employee name and a day.

    The Pivot table based upon this new consolidated data, should then allow
    you to achieve what you want.

    If you get stuck, post back and I am sure somebody will help. I won't
    get a chance before Tuesday.