Using Sumproduct Function To Add Multiple Criteria

  1. #1
    Ange Kappas
    Guest

    Using Sumproduct Function To Add Multiple Criteria

    Hi,
    Can anyone help me. I have an Excel Worksheet that looks like this:

    Date Type Amount

    1-2-06 RENT 250
    3-2-06 GOODS 140
    5-2-06 RENT 450
    6-2-06 TELEPHONES 70
    2-3-06 RENT 300
    7-3-06 GOODS 220

    I want to set up a summary table which adds the values via grouped typed per
    month, working dynamically as data is added in the above worksheet
    using the =sumproduct function.
    I can add the totals per type using:
    =SUMPRODUCT(($C$3:$C$100)*(B3:B100=E3)) where E3 is RENT
    but I need to add another criteria using dates for example 1/2/2006>= and
    <=28/2/2006 for Feb. and so forth.
    For Example my table should look like this:

    Month RENT GOODS TELEPHONES

    Feb.
    March
    April

    Thanks
    Ange

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Using Sumproduct Function To Add Multiple Criteria

    =SUMPRODUCT(($C$3:$C$100)*(B3:B100=E3)*(MONTH(A3:A100)=2)

    for Feb

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...