multiply A by 1000 record results in B

  1. #1
    Mother Goose
    Guest

    multiply A by 1000 record results in B

    how do I multiply the values in column A by 1000, and put the results in
    column B

  2. #2
    Steve G
    Guest

    RE: multiply A by 1000 record results in B

    "Mother Goose" wrote:

    > how do I multiply the values in column A by 1000, and put the results in
    > column B

    If the first cell happens to be A1, the in B1 you would enter:
    =SUM(A1*1000)
    and hit enter.

    To apply this formula to the rest of the B column you could select the B1
    cell, put the pointer on the small square in the lower right-hand corner of
    the cell, and drag down the column. This will apply the formula that you
    entered in the B1 cell to all the cells that you drag down to.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: multiply A by 1000 record results in B

    =A1*1000

    and copy down

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: multiply A by 1000 record results in B

    The SUM function is unnecessary here and can be dispensed with altogether,
    eg

    =A1*1000.

    --
    Regards