Count Occurrences and Print Total

  1. #1
    Lilbit
    Guest

    Count Occurrences and Print Total

    I have a spreadsheet that sorts data by officer name. The name is always
    in the same column. Every time a name changes, there are two blank rows.
    On the row after the last occurrence I need to see (right justified), for
    example, Total: 3. This would mean that the name above Total occurs 3
    times. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help!!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Count Occurrences and Print Total

    Remove the blank rows and use Data-->Subtotals to get your totals.
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lilbit
    Guest

    Re: Count Occurrences and Print Total

    Thanks for your response. Taking out the blank lines, sorting by Name, and
    choosing Data, Subtotals worked for the most part. However, I can't choose
    Use Function: Count for the Name column and Use Function: Sum for the Fees
    and Assets columns at the same time and when I try to do the count first
    and the sum second, it wipes out the count. Your help would be greatly
    appreciated!!

  4. #4
    Lilbit
    Guest

    Re: Count Occurrences and Print Total

    Oops, please disregard. I found what I did wrong!!!