workdays formula ends on weekend date

  1. #1
    Charles C.
    Guest

    workdays formula ends on weekend date

    I'm trying to calculate end dates similar to MS Project based upon a start
    date and duration in workdays.

    Start Date = 1/3/2006
    Workdays = 28 - 1 day adjustment to get the END DATE
    Holidays = ignore for now, not using it

    Therefore... formula is WORKDAYS(1/3/2006,28)-1 = 2/9/2006
    this is okay, but when increased to 29 days the end date should be 2/10/2006
    but Excel jumps to 2/12/2006 which is a Sunday.

    Why? What am i doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: workdays formula ends on weekend date

    Hi!

    I don't know why you're subtracting a day, but you need to subtract the day
    inside the function:

    =WORKDAY("1/3/2006",29-1)

    But if you're doing that then why not just:

    =WORKDAY("1/3/2006",28)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Charles C.
    Guest

    Re: workdays formula ends on weekend date

    Biff

    Subtracting the day becuase workdays is inclusive of the start and end dates.

    Doing it outside of the formula was the problem.
    Thanks.