color of filter arrows

  1. #1
    Tanguy Huysmans
    Guest

    color of filter arrows

    When I apply a filter to an Excel spreadsheet, the arrows
    at the top of each column are black. When I apply the
    filter to a column, the arrow turns blue. I am having
    difficulty seeing the color difference and was wondering
    if there is a way to change the color for the arrows so
    that when the filter is applied it turns a brighter color
    (perhaps red?)...

    If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate hearing
    from you.
    --
    Tanguy

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: color of filter arrows

    You can't change the colour of the filter arrow.

    However, if you can use programming, you can colour the heading cell of
    the filtered column. There's a sample here:

    Under Filters, look for 'Colour Filter Headings'

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List