Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

  1. #1
    Ludwig1251
    Guest

    Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

    "Sort Ascending" and "Sort Descending" are turned off. How do I turn them
    on?

    "The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly
    teaches me to suspect that my own is also."--Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

    Ludwig1251, is the sheet protected?

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ludwig1251
    Guest

    Re: Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

    Thanks for your quick response, Paul. Yes, the sheet is protected--by ME. I
    know the password. I tried closing it and reopening; it opened, but the Sort
    buttons are still turned off.

  4. #4

    Re: Sort is turned off. How do I turn it on?

    Unprotect the worksheet, sort the data, reprotect the worksheet.