filtering excel worksheet column by color of text

  1. #1
    SherryRO
    Guest

    filtering excel worksheet column by color of text

    I'm trying to use a filter on an excel worksheet, but I'm wanting to filter
    by color of text as well as the other autofilters already in place.
    1. I don't know how to filter by color
    2. I want to filter in the same cell as the other auto filter that's in place.

    Thank you, Sherry

  2. #2
    Mich modulus 11
    Guest

    RE: filtering excel worksheet column by color of text

    Sherry, you can't filter by colour, can I suggest you add another column with
    an indicator letter / number (as a result of a formula perhaps?) then you can
    filter away using the auto filter and whatever you specify for your new column

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: filtering excel worksheet column by color of text

    Hi SherryRO

    You can use my EasyFilter add-in if you want.
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    It will reset your other filters and only Filter on one column

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl