Lookup Postage Price [min & max weight]

  1. #1
    London England

    Lookup Postage Price [min & max weight]

    I've got a spreadsheet with two worksheets - products & postage - In the products sheet I have a column containing the weight of the item and in the postage sheet I have 3 colums, a from weight, a to weight and the postage cost.

    I'm no good with Excel forumlas but can write PHP ones, so I need something like this translated into Excel if possible.

    So that means show the price in postage sheet column C where the weight in products column H is greater than or equal to the postage weight column A and less than or equal to postage weight column B

    Cheers guys [and gals]

    Ian

  2. #2
    DaveO
    Guest

    RE: Lookup Postage Price [min & max weight]

    You need to use a SUMPRODUCT function.

    My examples assumes Column A assumes lower weight, Column B upper weight and
    Column C the price. In cell A12 you type the weight and will then give you
    your answer.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10<=A12), --(B1:B10>=A12), (C1:C10))

    HTH.