If Statement based on blank fields

  1. #1
    alaxmen
    Guest

    If Statement based on blank fields

    I am trying to write an IF statement in a cell for a calculation based
    on whether a cell is blank or not. This is what I have started with
    but I know it isn't correct
    =IF(ISBLANK(D7),(D6-D2))&IF(ISBLANK(D6),(D5-D2))

    Example:

    Cell
    Weekly Standard 10,000 (D2)
    Week 1 Input 2,000 (D3)
    Week 2 Input 13,500 (D4)
    Week 3 Input (D5)
    Week 4 Input (D6)
    Week 5 Input (D7)

    Variance Amount (D9) (i.e D4-D2)

    (This field should be based on the last entry made minus the weekly
    standard.
    The formula needs to start with Week #5 then 4 then 3 then 2. Any help
    with this would be greatly appreciated especially with my limited
    knowledge.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: If Statement based on blank fields

    Giving overworked IF a rest, try
    =D2-INDIRECT("D"&COUNT(D3:D7)+2)
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: If Statement based on blank fields

    As long as there are no gaps in the data, you could use

    =OFFSET(D2,COUNTA(D2:D7)-1,0)-D2

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    alaxmen
    Guest

    Re: If Statement based on blank fields

    Gentlemen, I tried both suggestions with equal results. Thanks for you
    help in this matter for truly I could not done it with out you.
    Thanks....