Formula automatically changing cell references

  1. #1
    Nina
    Guest

    Formula automatically changing cell references

    Hi, Hope you (someone) can help. I have a large spreadsheet on which I want
    to use the following formula:
    =OR(AND(D17>H11,F17>H13),H12-(D17-H11+E17))*(AND(D17<H11,F17<H13))*(H12-E17).
    All the cell references change when I copy the formula into a new cell. The
    problem is that I need H11, H12, and H13 need to stay no matter where on the
    spreadsheet I copy the formula. How can I make only part of the formula hold
    and the rest change? Thanks for any help you can give.
    --
    Nina

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Formula automatically changing cell references

    Hi!

    You'd have to wrap those particular cell references inside an Indirect
    function:

    INDIRECT("H11")

    Then, no matter where you copy the formula, INDIRECT("H11") will always
    reference back to H11.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...