Worksheet function for range of numbers

  1. #1
    brendan_doc
    Guest

    Worksheet function for range of numbers

    I'm trying to find an Excel formula which will give me the total number
    of entries in a range.

    1-4 should provide 4
    2 should provide 1
    345 should provide 1
    1-17 should provide 17
    13-23 should provide 11

    So the actual value of the number is not important but I need to return
    the number in the range of values.
    Any help much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet function for range of numbers

    =IF(NOT(ISNUMBER(FIND("-",A1))),1,MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,255)-LEFT(A1,FIND("-
    ",A1)-1)+1)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...